PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 19th Dec 2009, 16:52
TorC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by henkybaby
As a passenger I would benefit from a solution that means I have both a happy, well trained, enthusiastic cabin crew and a healthy airline I can rely on.
Lets not call each other names or use negative exceptions to "prove" points. Separate the people from the problem. And no, the people are not the problem.
Henkybaby

Yep, I see your reasoning. Indeed, we would ALL benefit.

I wish I felt that I had the means with which to try and attempt the kind of base-level change you are talking about. Perhaps the next time I encounter a moaner, I could try to get to the root cause of their unhappiness, if I have the time. The trouble for me is, the moment the moan starts, I close-off, as I'm sick and tired of hearing it so often. If these moaners could put even half the energy into actually doing their job, as they do moaning, we would have more awards than places to put them.

I wonder how the kind of change you talk of might be achieved in our environment where we have a "remote" workforce where one can go for months without meeting someone you have previously worked with. We also work under a different "manager" (ie: CSD or Purser) pretty much everytime we come into work. And with there being 13000 or so of us, whatever messages are put-out can so easily become distorted.

I guess this thing would maybe have to start-off with small numbers of enthused people, willing to take the message out and spread it around, explain it and to try and get others onboard. But it really is very very difficult to say anything pro-BA at the moment.

We are talking of huge fundamental changes here, the sort of thing companies probably pay experts in this field a lot of £s for. Is there any literature that you can suggest? I really would like to try and understand this more, if only for myself.

At the moment, as much as I'd welcome such changes, I do tend to agree with Skipness One Echo.

I would say the culture is the problem and that is hand in glove with the people. They've swanned around thinking they were better than everyone and were worth way more money. Events and public reaction have shown that to be utter fantasy.
His post does sadly reflect the behaviour of quite a sizeable number of my colleagues.