PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 19th Dec 2009, 15:28
henkybaby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TorC

Thanks for your reply.

You say that BA needs to find out why their employees feel this way, and to establish their interests and acknowledge them. While it's very clear that it's going to take one "side" to make the first move, I don't quite see why the employer should be the one to do so.
I am not picking sides. I am not saying that management should make the first move. In fact (to quote myself):

One of the two parties needs to stop arguing and start listening. Whomever does that first will benefit the most. That is negotiation practice, not a belief.
There is nothing lost to the first party that agrees to really listen. It does not have to be a match with a winner and a loser. It will take work, patience and before all courage to change this battlefield into a place where management and employees work together to solve the (undeniable) problems.

As a passenger I would benefit from a solution that means I have both a happy, well trained, enthusiastic cabin crew and a healthy airline I can rely on.

Lets not call each other names or use negative exceptions to "prove" points. Separate the people from the problem. And no, the people are not the problem.

HumanFactor

Something is telling me you did not choose your handle by mistake.

They did until a couple of years ago. That was one of the reasons we're in the state we're currently in.
That is a shame. Maybe you need to work on how to select the right person for that job. It will always be difficult. Power corrupts. That is a very good reason to always have checks and balances in place for them. Realize that even for union leaders it is hard to put personal interests aside.