PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Pilots Offered Work as Cabin Crew in January
Old 19th Dec 2009, 13:52
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
United we stand. Divided we fall.

As an EZY SCCM I feel for all Pilots at EZY at present. I have worked long enough to build some friendships with long standing F/D (Captains and Fo's) and to see the worth of the the new cadets as well.

However young and inexperienced these FO's may have appeared when I first meet them at the briefing it doesn't take me long to realise (usually by the end of first sector) they could do a normal landing if the Cpt was incapacitated. That is what we need from them isn't it?

EZY management however have no idea re anything else and probably haven't even thourght about the above anyway. They think about cost, end of, and linked to that is their bonus.

I have just posted on the CC forum (new EZY CC). You guys might want to be aware that by some (not me) you might now be percieved as "favoured".

It's time we all united and stood up to the Brady Bunch as Andy can't manage it and doesn't care anyway as he has made his money and is now leaving.

I don't believe in strikes purely as it affects our pax who are innocent bystanders. As CC it is easy for us to work to rule. We can sit down for the whole flight and do nothing but safety related duties. That would screw EZY's profit on ancillary revenue really quickly.

I don't know what you guys can do to work to rule from a safety perspective but I would be willing to bet that if you worked to MEL's/Commander discretion EZY management would soon wake up to the smell of coffee. The delay's would mount up I'm sure.

Don't let them screw you Guys. Balpa and Unite should work together. Just as the Pilots and CC work together on board. The F/D door is no barrier to us talking.... Thank God!!!

At the moment EZY are in the hands of the Brady Bunch!! We are at present beating FR on screwing everyone because management have just breached our integrity values. At least FR are up front re the fact they don't do integrity!!!