PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air
Thread: Korean Air
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2009, 12:31
Jefferson Airplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: B777 F/o

1- I am currently B767 type rated with much time on type and a JAA licence. Would Korean accept my B777 type rating if it was with reduced sim time due to my B767 experience? or would they want me to complete the full type rating on the B777?

2- As a F/o on the B777, how many hours would i be flying during my one month on (minus the 9 days off)?

3- What destinations can i expect for the B777 and how much layover time on average?

Thanks in advance for your advice and comments!!

EY763,

I have command on the B777 in KAL and herewith the answers to your questions:

1. As long as you have a valid B777 type rating done through an approved institution, KAL will accept this. Although they advertise for 'Non Type Rated' pilots, this is not quite true. One has to join WITH a type rating but no experience on type is considered 'non type rated.'

2. During your two and a half week duty cycle, expect to fly on average 70-80 hours although it can be as little as 60-70 hours

3. The B777 is primarily used to the USA (east and west coasts), Australasia, SE Asia (SIN, BKK, SGN, MNL), Europe (MAD, AMS, PRG, VIE) and turnaround trips to China and Japan.
a) US layovers usually 48 hrs (some 24 hrs and very occasionally 72 hrs)
b) Australasia usually 48 hrs
c) SE Asia 24 hrs
d) Europe usually 48 hrs

I hope this helps.

J Airplane.