PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 19th Dec 2009, 10:01
Electricflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning everyone.
After a couple of days reflective absence, I am back. With a vengeance.

Having read with interest many of the recent posts, I fear it is harder for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for many people on this forum to refrain from union 'bashing' which appears to do scarcely more than humiliate and belittle its hard working and loyal members.

This has got to stop The High court decision was a bitter , bitter gall for Unite , made so much worse after the PR humiliation perpetrated by the high handed BA management and their uber counsel of lawyers.

This was a conspiracy of monumental proportions, not seen in a generation.The dirty tricks, the smear campaign in the Daily Mail - an example of the most grotesque piece of gutter journalism ever witnessed in recent years just goes to prove how low we have stooped during this sorry episode.

I will say little more than to state that, far from this being a hollow victory in round one for BA and their crass, macho management, Bassa will now rise, like a phoenix from the smouldering embers of democratic injustice, to rear its ugly head again.

It will emerge stronger and more united than ever, its members galvanised and seething with rage, to fight another day.

That day will come soon. Public outrage will not be directed at the cabin crew next time; instead WW will have more than his work cut out to convince people that , confronted with a watertight and overwhelming move to strike, still his management style is not to blame.

Time and ideas are rapidly running out for him.

As for Unite, there is no Plan B. Plan B is simply to enforce Plan A.