PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 19th Dec 2009, 01:29
DP.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new ballot just around the corner.
crew incenced by the condemnation heaped upon them.
just look at the one sided press coverage and manipulated facts and figures.
i guess the majority in favour of action will be even higher in the new ballot.
Did the crew and union really expect a different reaction from the public and press than they got? I'd have thought it'd be obvious anyone what the outcome would be; with the state the economy is in, and the company is not demanding paycuts or redundancies, the vast majority of the public are going to sit there and scratch their heads and say 'what exactly are they moaning about?' I don't disagree that you have grievances, and some fair ones at that, but your union has handled the situation dreadfully. The comments about Justice Cox are ridiculous - after the facts presented in the case, she had no option but to rule in the company's favour. BASSA's coments to the contrary again do them no favours.

This situation needs cool heads, but your union leadership are now out to get revenge on Willie Walsh and BA for what has happened over the last week. He is never going to take them seriously after the ballot debacle, and he clearly isn't scared. This is not a good situation for BASSA to be in, but instead of taking some time to think about the next steps, they are steaming straight back in head first.