PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 19th Dec 2009, 00:44
Tiramisu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
romans44,

Clarified has answered very eloquently the question you asked me, I couldn't have put it better.
Thanks Clarified.

As for WW getting rid of our T's and C's by imposing changes to crewing levels which for us in Eurofleet is simply removing 1 crew off per flight and keeping everything else, it is my right to accept those changes if they work for me. There wasn't a single item that BASSA proposed in savings to BA which I was in favour off, not one. It's a democracy you say, and it's with that, that I voted No to Strike and to accept the changes. In the present climate, BA have been more than generous in my view.
How can anyone in their right mind argue about that.

Everyone I know from CSDs, Pursers and Main Crew are now working with the changes. If and when there are any problems, feedback is given to BA with a view to correct or tweak things. BA are working with us on this and support has been given every step of the way and still is, during the changes in matrix/crewing levels and service standards. We weren't thrown in the deep end and left to our own devices.

BASSA/UNITE have severely damaged our reputation as BA Cabin Crew. We will not recover from this. We are seen as a greedy and selfish workforce by the public and I don't blame them. I hold BASSA/UNITE responsible for the wrath we now have to endure, just not fair is it? Not to those of us who were sacrificing our Christmas to work over the entire Strike period and as Clarified, says I will do it at the drop of a hat. BA is my employer.

For each cabin crew member in BA, there are at least 100 or more out there ready to step into our shoes for half the salary regardless of T's and C's just to work for BA.
BASSA as I have said before in a much earlier post, are expediting us on to New Fleet, the very thing that you are striking against, think about it.

I'm BA cabin crew and the above represent my personal views and not those of my employer's.

Last edited by Tiramisu; 19th Dec 2009 at 00:57.