PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 19th Dec 2009, 00:44
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The union keep harping on about their ''wonderful'' proposal from June/July. Great for them to offer something, it doesn't save enough. OK time for them to look at all of our agreements, and what we could give up/change and how much each saves, then choose enough to make the £140m target including new crew and new promotions/transfers on new contracts. Things that could change on shorthaul include:

-fixed links (no more CATs etc)
-longer days up to scheme limits found in JPMs (length of day depends on sectors flown and what time you depart the earlier/later you report the less the day allowed... and how ''acclimatised'' you are)
-new crew complements that have already been introduced... if the union can agree to some more savings elsewhere maybe they could put certain crew members back on
-less day off on EF (not something I would like though but an idea)
-last day you can work up 'til 2200 on working block of 5 days or less
-Being able to link a Band 3 trip with a domestic/Band 1 ONLY!!
-not being able to request 18hrs after a longer duty, unless scheme requires!

Longhaul I'm not too familiar with their agreements but
-crew complements as they are
-SFO, LAX etc just single night (again not necassarily an agreeable one but an idea to pick and choose from)
-new disruption agreement
Any other ideas from longhaul people then say but yeah, along with new contracts etc surely a couple of these proposals from both fleets would add up to a good savings?? I'm sure many BASSA people will be saying No to all of those but facts are, WW are not doing it to be mean, they have to change some things like many other companies to survive. Plus, they want to keep our pay the same... Or negotiate a reasonable agreement whereby new fleet is created, current crew either have oppurtunity to transfer or go for promotion on NF etc if they wish or stay on EF/WW on current pay and company and unions agree on a matrix of routes to be transferred and a decent fixed payment to save the worry of ''starvation of work'' for current fleets!

That will never happen though without a load of ''why can't we stay the same etc'' and toys flying out of the pram will it??

Just an idea don't shoot me down!

Last edited by SlideBustle; 19th Dec 2009 at 00:51. Reason: Spelling mistakes