PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 18th Dec 2009, 23:52
Clarified

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome romans 44!

Tiramisu, you obviously listen to everything the company tells you, and that's ok .we do live in a democracy.
BA had this plan long before the recession and long before they started negotiating..This has never been about anything else but to put an end to our terms and conditions, surely u must see that.
We offered a very good deal to BA, including pay cut, the deal was worth a huge amount of money in savings but BA was simple not interested.
Who do you listen to?

Don't forget, Tiramisu, me and others on this forum have been very open about where we come from, now ex members of the union.
What are your comments based on? ALL businesses review what they do and how they do it, all the time. Urgent threats to the business, (financial etc. may fast track some changes others are longer term aspirations that never see the light of day).
Were the 'huge savings' your representatives proposed forever?
On this forum others have said that the savings being offered fell way short of what was needed. Is that true?
We have to deal with facts. No change of pay, time off, leave, etc, etc,etc. The questions around taking one crew member off the aircraft will be decided in Feb.
It's not about what someone might think may happen in the future that is conjecture, in my view very unfair and misleading.

Over the course of 9 months the company has tried to find otherways, unfortunately they haven't come fruition, bills still coming in, savings needing to be made (already made in loads of other departments).
In my view the company had to take modest steps to start the process of saving money. Some didn't like that!
I have spoken to lots of people over the last few days colleagues and friends outside the airline. The question I am being asked is are T & C's changing for me? My answer is NO (my view). A court may decide otherwise in Feb.
Romans44, what happens in Feb if the court doesn't agree with the Union's assertion re. crewing levels linked to T & C's?
Can your union really take another repeat of yesterday?
Throw into the mix the possibilty of another ballot, public feeling and indeed the feeling around our company.

I have so much empathy with Tiramisu and indeed the mum who confronted T in PC world.
This week has been so difficult for so many of our customers and us. (I am talking ALL employees, esp. those having to put their Christmas on hold to willingly help out against the looming IA and my empathy also goes out to those crew being asked to strike for 12 DAYS SOLID, which I don't believe was mentioned on the ballot form).

If we have a repeat of this in a few weeks then so be it.
Me and lots of others will be ready to lend a hand we will not stand by and let our customers and company be put at risk.

Welcome to the forum.
All my views, they do not represent my employer or any other party.