PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 18th Dec 2009, 23:17
Perry-oaks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
romans44

I really do appreciate you taking the time to reply with more than cheap sound bites, but your crew forum view on events is so completely removed from the reality of what actually happened.

I understand why Bassa called the first Ballot for strike action, to try and send a powerful message to Willie, but this second ballot is just madness - surely with the timings of a second ballot and subsequence strike action would it not be better just to wait for the outcome of the impending court case in Feb?

If the court rules in your favour then crewing levels will be returned and you will all be compensated, but more importantly the company is saved from further damage after all, this is about preserving your T+C's not making yourself unemployed. Bassa have made their point in my opinion.

I sincerely hope that Unite manages to reign in Bassa until after the Feb court case, then at least you will know if you are justified in striking or not. The true facts with regards to Bassa's attempts at negations will all come out during the course of the court case. Although I doubt you will ever get the real truth on CF judging by censorship from your roving reporters from the last case.