PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 18th Dec 2009, 21:22
Desertia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Romans44,
Please.

Balpa seeking advise from BASSA QC?
I find that a bit hard to believe...........
BA was opening a new company outside the UK. I would have thought the least BALPA could have done, would've been looking up a few European laws...don't you think so?
I guess what I am trying to say is that both unions are good unions, but sadly, both were caught by small techinicality.
While CC may have had an illegal ballot, pilots were prepared to strike on something totally legal.
Why do we have to go off on a tangent again. Don't BASSA know how to discuss their own union?

The one that pays little interest in the dire straits in which the company is functioning, because "United we stand".

The one that ignores their own employer warning them about flaws in their ballot which could expose the union and its employees to legal action because "United we stand".

The one that actually praises the stupid woman that made most of the mess they put themselves in because "United we stand".

I can't think of anything else. All I can think of is a bunch of ignorant, misled, universally unpopular screaming moronic scum at a meeting at Sandown, cheering the opportunity to gnaw off the hundreds of thousands of hands that feed them, because "United we stand".

Well good luck with that.

"Ridiculous you stand" is how everyone else perceives it.