PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NTSB report on Orient Thai/One-Two-Go OG269 released to families
Old 17th Dec 2009, 18:53
Earl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are very much correct FEL1011.
Cannot defer any DC TR Unit.
The bailing wire you speak wrapped around the throttle to prevent Thrust Reverser operation makes me think that they did not have the proper pins to stow this in the correct way, or in the case of number 2 engine maybe not a stand to reach it.
Some how the way they operate there becomes either take it or leave it.
Wire around a throttle quadrant, well TIT, (This is Thailand)
The accepted way or go home..
I flew with Thaisky/Skyeyes and with a 747 company there in Thailand, not Orient Thai.
The things I seen really shocked me, almost every rule broken.
Yet the Thai DCA sits in on every sim check, not even a Tristar or 747 Qualified observer.
Sim checks when over due are falsified.
My last one was signed on the 747 and I did not even attend the sim,, this after a technical incident in CAI which we had to be towed off the runway after landing due to number 1 HYD system lost, I complained before the flight that I was overdue my sim check by over 1 month.. Amazing how they asked me to sign and back date this sim check after the Saudia Airlines started investigating.
This less than 2 years ago.
All Coverup.
Got away from this one, was bad for my B/P and license.
Thai people are good, the Thai DCA is a very, very corrupt government sponsored institution.
I think the ones of us that have flown in Thailand need to support this woman, she speaks the truth.
For someone that has never flown before she should be praised for her efforts.

Last edited by Earl; 17th Dec 2009 at 19:30.