PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 17th Dec 2009, 18:35
IheartMBT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Papillon

Can I ask a question?...
WW releases the figures to the pension deficit at the beginning of the week.
24hrs later he comes back with "we have 2bn in cash reserves to fight the cc".
Erm????? Why doesnt he put the 2bn in the pension(biggest prob solved), then get back round the table with unite offer to issue an agreement that crew will not become surplus once new fleet is off the ground, keep the crew member off the flight and accept BASSA proposals re pay cut and agree a new disruption agreement.
I have noidea how many millions this would save, but im guessing at least 200 million as I think you will find that most crew would agree to the above as they are worried about the redeployment clause.
So we have saved 200 million from a prospected strike ( which can also be put into the pension fund). And the millions saved long term on the crew member off the aircraft, the paycut , the new disruption agreement, parttime andnew crew.

Which for me equals happy pax ( as no strike), Happy crew ( as secure future) Happier pension fund!!!. I would like to say Happy WW but I am not sure he ever would be happy.