PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 17th Dec 2009, 18:31
nodelay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IheartMBT.
You state that you can afford to give up some of your salary. Good for you. I can't afford to re purchase trans atlantic tickets from elsewhere for my Christmas break. I have saved for two years for this vacation, for me and for my family. There is a time and a place. And blow me - if you're not striking in the summer, or coming out in sympathy with the catering companies, you're striking over the most sacred period of the year. I know how unions work and I know that quite often people jump on the union band wagon. You all need to wake up and get a firm grip on reality. The public don't aren't supporting you, many of your colleagues within the aviation industry aren't supporting you and even your union boss thinks they've got it wrong. The Heathrow crew earn more than anybody else in the industry - fine you want to protect your salaries; don't we all. But not at the expense of two years of my hard savings thank you very much.
Please do not brag about how you can afford to sacrifice your salary for strike action when others are grossly out of pocket due to your selfish actions. END.