PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 17th Dec 2009, 18:15
IheartMBT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Papillon & Desertia

I am very aware BA needs to save money. My union may or may not have looked into the figures, But I know people i trust have. I am capable of making my own opinions on the facts available. ( Remember i have more "resources" than many other cc. Hubby is a pilot.)
I have read things in the past weeks from BA BALPA and BASSA and at somestage laughed out loud to all 3.
I am willing to save money, I would even give up a larger % of my wage than BASSA offered, BUT thats ME. I am able to financially do that. I am on an old contract. I am NOT the main breadwinner in our family. BUT there are thousands of crew out there on new contracts, who are the main bread winner in their families who cannot do this. Any "real" BA pilots on here HAVE to agree with this. They KNOW it is FACT.
Again as I stressed earlier I could also live with the fact of loosing a crew member.
AGAIN this is about imposition. Its the start of the End. Why can you not see that we are just trying to protect our future.
If I am honest from the start I was against IA over the Xmas period. BUT I would have striked as I had voted YES. (Infact I would not have been able to strike as I leave on a trip this weekend and would not have made it home for Xmas if the strike had continued). I am not looking for sympathy just stating a fact.
This is why I cannot understand the celebrating now. NOBODY has won. They are reballotting as we speak and the nightmare for all continues.

Once again I will answer anybody who posts a question or comment in a reasonable manner.