PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 16th Dec 2009, 23:33
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Papillon, forgive me! Forgot to add that in there. No they are not. I am in the ''No to strike'' crowd and I agree BA are not proposing a pay cut. Why I posted that was that some people may see those figures and THINK we DESERVE a pay cut. Which if was a small paycut to help us through the recession then fair enough better than being out of a job!

But no I agree that they are not proposing one which for a start is more than fair, especially with other departments, other people from other companies etc.... Future crew will be on market rate PLUS 10% - fair enough they are still paying that bit more than other airlines and many will be willing to work for that... Times change, and as long as it is not less than other airlines it's fair. So long as they protect us (which in fairness Bill has proposed various things) I won't repeat myself but yes, their current proposals (crew complements et al) are fair, their remaining proposals for future crew and productivity - can be negotiated to make it fair again..... only if the Union is willing to accept change is needed and it isn't the 1970s anymore. Something I believe they have missed