PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 16th Dec 2009, 22:50
sidtheesexist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I won't shut up about who gets paid what..........it was Ottergirl who happily, even proudly perhaps, stated that she earned more than a junior FO. I acknowledged her undoubted professionalism.

Its about levels of responsibility and skill levels. If people cannot or WILL NOT accept that there is a justifiably positive correllation between these and pay levels, then they have serious intellectual issues.....

ERGO, a pilot, irrespective of her or his seniority, is worth more than the best, most experienced member of cabin crew. No debate. End of. I totally accept that it's the Company's fault that this farcical situation currently exists within BA.

The reason this is relevant is the fact that we have so many CC who believe that this argument is completely spurious - perhaps even laughable!! CC have had so much smoke blown up their collective arses over the years that they actually now believe all the hyperbole - BA CC are the best, most talented, hard working, empathetic(to the passengers' needs), best VALUE CC in the whole, wide world!!!! Even worth more than the pilots up at the pointy end!

Too many BA CC are completely institutionalised and their distorted view of their self worth has coloured their view of the current situation. Worse still, it has led to so many misguided ballot votes...

God help OUR Company.