PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 16th Dec 2009, 21:01
TOM100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ottergirl

Exactly, adapt to survive, either change your Ts and Cs or have no job as we will have no choice but to withdraw because the market will not sustain your current Ts and Cs and allow us to deliver a sustainable level of profitability ! LGW crew chose to adapt and retain their jobs albeit on reduced terms. I fully agree with you, a pretty unpalatable set of circumstances and choices, but the reality of the situation. LGW is still here (albeit smaller) and testament to their real hardwork and dedication, the LH operation is profitable ! Choice - reduce terms and have a future or dig in with no change and have no future !

I know we are not exactly comparing like with like as there was the huge sweetner of LH golden runways as an option, but the point I am trying to make is that LGW adapted and is still here and is growing in some areas (LH). They are delivering a profit on LH, with reduced crewing levels, comparable service levels......they adapted, changed and proved it can be done with the integrity of the brand (in particular on LH still)intact - so why can't LHR do the same ? with their own market rates +10% bt with comparable complements ?