PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 16th Dec 2009, 16:15
Tonka Toy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no axe to grind here, and have no longer any connection to BA, but I would like to make a few comments, the later which will appear rather strong.

I am British, part of a union of countries (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) I'm quite proud of that. I was also quite proud that Lord King had fashioned a flag carrier to be proud of. I flew BA back to work some weeks ago and can say that it was quite possibly one of the most appalling and unfunny experiences I have ever had. The cabin service was poor and the flying quite frankly was bellow average. I will never fly BA again. Moving on.

I had a partner who worked for BA. She led an honest hard working life and allowed herself a quality of life well within her means, which to my mind were marginal given her talents. She had been a nurse but found nursing in the NHS had become too much. She had a little book and I do not tell you a lie that in that little book she meticulously accounted for every single penny she earn't and she had to because to achieve the tiniest little things that many of you, many of us take for granted she lived hand to mouth. I would never have done her or her colleagues job for the pitance of pay she got and yet I would have expected her at a moments notice and without hesitation on board an aircraft to risk everything for myself or another. And yet I as a member of the public am expected to begrudge her what little if any she had and held dear on the altar of Unite and a BA management and board both of exceptionally limited talent. I imagine that this christmas she will work and I imagine that they will still take more from her and I imagine that next year she will lose her beloved little flat that she worked so hard and for so long to get. I also imagine like so many others she will wonder why she made all those bonkers sacrifices that she did make to do her 'bit'.

To the next person that comes on here and criticises the average hard working jo CC at BA and how much they 'earn' or whinges about a possible missed christmas, I say this to you; don't. Because if you do I am going to buy you a ticket to bring you out here to where I am and I am going to tattoo on your forehead 'please kill me because I am a superficial moron'.
Its hot out here and life is cheap, considerably cheaper than anybody on heres pay packet.