PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 16th Dec 2009, 14:26
Albert Salmon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Withdrawal of one's labour

Whiskey Zulu (post # 5568) said:
"Isn't this ultimately about the right to withdraw one's labour?"
Nobody needs to declare a grievance in order "to withdraw one's labour". All one needs to do is to write a letter of resignation, hand it in to one's line manager and to leave at the completion of the appropriate period of notice. Thousands of people, up and down the land, do that every day of the year.

But they do not declare a strike that ultimately may bring down everybody else's jobs. They do not threaten the livelihoods of hundreds of thousands of other people in allied jobs in their company. They have a modicum of consideration for external contractors' staff and families.

Or is being selfish and egotistical just the BASSA way of doing things?

I know what I will be doing - in fact, I did it this morning. I cancelled my company's travel account with British Airways. That's £250,000 a year BA has lost.

Or put another way, that's 6.4 CSD salaries less for BA. If you like, 10 rank and file CC could have been paid with my firm's money.

YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH YOU HAVE ALIENATED YOUR PASSENGERS WITH THIS CRASS AND SUICIDAL STRIKE THREAT.