PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 16th Dec 2009, 11:51
groundagent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats it all about . . . .

I am not cc, I do not work for BA and I am not pax flying over the proposed strike period. I, like everyone else am fed up with the who earns what debate and think it is pointless.

Should the person at the pointy end earn more? Probably. Should the person who has 25 years service in what ever position in the back earn more? Probably.

Who actually cares?!?!? Each of the people have signed up to their contract with their t's and c's and thats their lot. If they decide they want more, they apply for promotion or go else where!

From what is said there is no threat of pay cuts. Everyone has to work a little harder in every industry until the better times return, by which time it will have become the norm and everyone carries on getting on with it, but they work for a better run more prosperous and secure company as part of the reward.

Should new people starting carears have different t's and c's? Why should anyone already employed care? The new people sign their contract and are happy with it. What is to be gained by a strike? What are you protecting? The dinosaur t's and c's are killing the airline and do need to change. This is not overnight, but as people move on, retire or get promoted, they should be replaced with a cheaper more profitable alternative who is happy to sign up to that contract.

Have I missed something . . . or what is it all about?