PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 16th Dec 2009, 09:44
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ottergirl - can you honestly say, hand on heart, that you are justified in earning MORE than a junior FO????????
Yes I can. When I came out of uni I made a choice. So did he/she. A two-stripe 22 year old FO will one day be a training capt with all that he brings to the company and after many years loyal service will be rewarded accordingly. I have been here 23 years, I train our new crew to deliver BA service, I manage the teams on board, I train our on-board managers to ensure that the flights reach a certain standard and and I do all that I said in my previous post. Yes am i justified in earning more than a 22 year old who is still repaying BA for his training. Its about line of management not about chain of command. An FO only manages himself while I, on the second tier of management, have to manage a team of up to 14 people with all that entails. So right now, I am bringing more to the party than he is!

Last edited by ottergirl; 17th Dec 2009 at 08:46. Reason: clarification