PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 16th Dec 2009, 09:31
sidtheesexist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ottergirl - can you honestly say, hand on heart, that you are justified in earning MORE than a junior FO???????? I don't doubt for one minute that you are a true professional and that your pax receive a top service etc etc, but for you, or ANY cabin crew to earn more than any flightcrew, is IMHO completely wrong and indefensible. If you would, consider the following scenario. The Captain pegs out just over the Alps on the way into Milano.Its very foggy and Low Vis Procedures are in force...........The aircraft maybe has a technical defect............Who has responsibility for getting the aircraft and all it's occupants safely on the ground???? You I guess since you earn more than the junior FO. Is my point easily understood?

I saw on a website yesterday, video footage of the ballot result being announced at the Sandown Park meeting. I have to say that the visible and audible reaction was both astounding and sickening.........It seemed to me as though the vast majority of those present were delighted at the prospect of (a) messing up so many people's Christmas arrangements(hardly any business travellers just the ordinary, travelling public....) and (b) possibly bankcrupting the company.

Hey guys and gals, some news for you...there are tens of thousands of other BA employees depending on BA's survival for their livlihoods, homes, pensions etc....IT ISN"T JUST ABOUT YOU!!!! Come out from your bubble world and have a dose of reality for gawd's sake. You ARE NOT THE ONLY WORKING GROUP BEING ASKED TO GIVE!!!!