PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 16th Dec 2009, 09:03
ladyxxxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ground Crew

I am also a spouse of a 40 year BA employee who started with BOAC - he has been through every department (except CC - was rejected for health reasons) put on gardening leave a few years ago and had to take ground crew at T5 (he is an A6 - doing an A3 job) - he has now gone onto part-time working and in effect has lost half his salary - not once in those 40 years of disputes etc has he not turned up for work. I love BA - I have travelled around the world and so have my children - something I would never have been able to do.
if you strike and this time next year there is no BA and you get other jobs (if your lucky) with another airline do you think you will be getting what you get now: THINK HARD - the grass is not always greener on the other side - SHORT TERM GAIN IS LONG TERM PAIN not just for you but for all the BA staff worldwide. Every department has taken hits why not CC - I really don't understand the world is changing you must change with it or feel the effects of queuing for your dole money - that is the harsh reality.