PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 16th Dec 2009, 08:44
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plodding along

I don't think any of us feel particularly underpaid but those of us who do A GOOD JOB do feel that we earn every penny. I can say, hand on heart, that when I go to work, my customers have the best flight I can give them on the day. I love my job and will go out of my way to make sure that they leave with a smile and want to come back. That is regardless of whether I am working a 12 hour day or not. To earn a good salary as Cabin crew reflects a length of service that would be rewarded in any industry and a degree of shift pay in recognition of unsociable hours. Yes, I am often earning more than a new FO, but his potential is greater; like Willie Walsh, I have reached the top of my tree and am going no further.

I represent good value for BA, and probably generate my own income in terms of recovering mishandled customers and keeping their business for next time. You see, handing out coffee is only one of the many things I turn my hand to.

For a number of reasons, Tiramisu's assessment of what we earn is generous this year, but I know in other years its about right. And may I say, I have the scars to prove I've earnt it.