PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 15th Dec 2009, 21:57

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
tiaw

I am genuinely sorry to hear you will not be flying BA again. All I can say is that the average or surly BA cabin crew to whom you have been exposed are likely to be amongst the most militant, and will only retain their jobs by deceit. That is, they will attempt to go sick, rather than do as they said they would, and strike! (Non of those here will ACTUALLY strike. That is absolutely guaranteed!) A large proportion of the CC that remain will be those that GENUINELY have a passion for you, our customer. Many will have risked a great deal to reinstate to our customers their Xmas that would have otherwise been stolen by BASSA!

WW is trying to cut out a cancer within, All such surgery comes with some pain, and some risk. Yours is not underestimated. But it should hopefully transform the health of this particular body. Those inside, that do not wish to enjoy the new health, will simply be left behind!

As far as your gf leaving HKG on 25th I would say this. It would be much better if she could change her flight to leave on Xmas eve. The reason I say this is that HKG AFAIK is a 5 day trip for CC. That means there is a higher likelihood that CC will be found to operate the outbound flight on the 21st, the day before the strike. I would imagine that HKG will indeed be a priority flight on the first evening of the strike (22nd) but the earlier day would be better. I know that the HKG based CC will be working as normal, or even overcrewing to return aircraft to Heathrow.

Moving on, I would like to say how much I admire tiramisu and very many others who have declared their intention to work. This must be a very difficult decision.

Without giving too much away, you will very definitely not be alone. You may even be surprised to find members of 'other departments' assisting you in the cabin! (Not to mention other previously employed CC!)

You will indeed 'be many', and many will be looking out for your welfare.

As far as tomorrow's court case is concerned. I know for a fact that a sizeable number of CC who have voted 'yes' are desperately hoping BA win! I suspect a number of officials at Unite/Bassa/Grinch are also hoping to be let off the hook by such a result!

FWIW, I actually think BA expect to lose. However WW must be seen to be doing everything in his power to protect the customers. (Short of risking the long term viability of BA by caving in to the 1970s 'throwbacks'!) Once he has demonstrated this, he then has carte blanche to do absolutely whatever is necessary to keep as much of this airline flying as is humanly possible! Any BASSA cronies who come back here tomorrow whooping and cheering (yes we've ALL now seen the video of those disgusting scenes!) Should pause for thought. Because a result in favor of BASSA will seal the fate of those withdrawing their labour (not that I expect there to be many - if any!)

Finally: Is it really true that all the BASSA reps have taken themselves off flying duties to 'man the office' on strike days?? Wouldn't want them exposing themselves to the risk of dismissal now would we? Best leave those consequences to the cannon fodder!

Sleep well.