PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2009, 20:10
MUFC_fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think what we first need to realise is that BA, as a NAME may be worth nothing IF the strikes were to go ahead.

However, their assets are worth billions. Just their aircraft and LHR slots alone push the multi-billion pound barriers.

If the situation came to the worst possible scenario, I am sure it would be bought out by a consortium or a billionaire playboy. We need to remember that although within this country we hate everything we do, we are also one of the most patriotic and many British people are proud of BA. Just travelling to the US, you realise how well respected the carrier is amongst Americans, mainly because the service is far superior to that of any international US carrier.

There is little chance that the strike will go ahead, BA are already in Legal talks, even if that does not work they will get together round the table and suspend strike action.
Very correct. Would the unions really want a law suit for eye watering amounts of money? I doubt it.

WHat business will be lost with people booking on other flights until its sorted out is to be seen, but the chance of a 12 day strike is slim to non IMHO.
I assume that all AA flights across the Atlantic will be full as will a number of domestics in the US with BA passengers. I would guess similar OW partners will also benefit from bulging loads.