PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 15th Dec 2009, 15:10
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And believe me I've been involved in lots of strikes...
Obviously not the best negotiator then!

If you are dismissed for going on strike any time within the first twelve weeks after the action commences you have an automatic unfair dismissal claim against British Airways which will cost them a fortune
So, from the 'trade Union solicitors since 1946' you can be dismissed and, as your bonus ball, you get an automatic unfair dismissal CLAIM. 'Cost them a fortune'? Max payout £66K with NO GUARANTEE OF RE_EMPLOYMENT. Hardly a 'fortune' to me but then I don't earn what a 'trade union solicitor' earns running off the back of your union contributions.

Nothing in there that you will win it. If you get dismissed and Unite lose the court case for contractual change then you get nothing.

Jeopardy?

You bet.

Brilliantly done Unite. Lambs to the slaughter. I am looking forward to the next decades of BA without this dinosaur in the closet.

Loved the 'jibe' at the Pilots by the way. Shame we had exactly the same pay deal as the Cabin Crew 10 years back with all the 'payments' but by negotiation and modernisation it changed and, lo and behold, we don't have so much to save as the Cabin Crew? How bizarre?