PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 15th Dec 2009, 14:20
Jarvy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have often posted on the SLF forum as a strong supporter of BA, sometimes feeling like a lone voice. People are moving away from BA to the other airlines in large numbers already, this will only increase now. I doubt they will return. It would be very nice to return to the golden era of flying but those times are long gone.
My wife (a gold executive card holder) works in HR for a very large american company and has over the past few years been involved in large scale reductions in staff due to falling income and mergers. It is not easy and no one likes it but for a company to survive it MUST be done.
Willie Walsh is not the devil and if he fails to change BA then he will go and another will replace him, but he or she will still push forward with reforms.
We have two flights with BA booked for next year (Jan & March) and will continue to use BA as we believe in the brand. We have flown with others airlines but always prefer BA.
We have friends due to visit us over the holiday flying with BA, I hope they can make it.
As a regular on other forums I believe that Flying Chick is not BA CC, just someone playing devils advocate.