PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 15th Dec 2009, 11:16
Sogriada

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been a professional pilot for many years, travelling long haul frequently in order to locate near to my company operating bases.
A few years ago, I stopped flying with BA for company reasons and subsequently found out their cabin crew service was not up to the standard I experienced on other long haul airlines; particularly Singapore Air, Cathay, Thai Air and Air France.
Someone here mentioned the BA CSD does a good job. The last time I listened to an announcement by one of these gentlemen, my next door seat companion turned to me and said the tone of the announcement; unctuous, condescending and delivered in the manner of a schoolteacher to his class of 10 year olds, was laughable compared to the airline he normally flew with.
Unfortunately I felt inclined to agree with him.
I do not post much on pprune, have no personal link with this upcoming strike and have never looked into the cabin crew section before, but the decision of BA cabin crew to strike; partly because I suspect they genuinely think their service is superior to other airlines and therefore their remuneration should also be superior; is so out of touch with reality that it beggars belief. You poor, poor people.........surely there must be some among you with common sense. Or is that a quality that is lacking just as much as sympathy for the one million passengers you are playing with?