PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 15th Dec 2009, 10:58
Jpax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do not know what the cabin crew salaries are but I can tell that two of them (a couple who fly together all the time) live in the same road as myself. Both are junior crew, one has been there about 5 years and the other 10, they are long haul crew. They seem to have so much time at home I thought they must be part time, on asking them that question they confirmed they are both full time. One drives a brand new BMW convertible, the other an enormous 4x4.

They both voted YES and were delighted there might be a 12 day strike over Christmas, they were calling it a victory yesterday and really beleived Mr Walsh is about to resign due to the ballot results. I mentioned the pension fund problem, they had no idea what I was talking about.

They were both fairly positive about the one crew member off an aircraft (not three as the union has been saying in the media) and thought it can work if the CSD's will allow it to. One said they have been on flights when the CSD has done nothing and on other flights when the CSD did work the new routine worked well. The other one said he is too junior to work in club so could not comment on the new system.

I think new fleet is what is frightening them as they repeatedly mentioned that.

Last edited by Jpax; 15th Dec 2009 at 11:02. Reason: spelling mistake