PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 15th Dec 2009, 10:51
Vino Collapso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ottergirl
Is any of this making sense? You can see why we are not amused if anyone has a heart attack on the CDG!! There just isnt time! Only joking but it does demonstrate how tight the margins are.
Yes thanks that makes sense.

So BA is proposing to push the compliment down towards minimums on all flights to save cash. The logic is sound although the effect on customer service may be detrimental. I am not one of those who are moaning about current CC service levels, I use the theory that if you treat the CC of any operator in a polite and civilised manner they are likely to return the same. I can only speak from WT level not being in the league of Club!

So if BA management are not proposing anything illegal and are prepared to take the risk on customer service quality then that is their lookout. I cannot see that any part of the strike vote being based on staffing levels is a solid argument.

Being SLF, and therefore an outsider, the discussions about salary and perks has no interest for me other than saying that there are a lot of people in other walks of life who have had to take the rough road over the last year.

The timing of the strike is interesting. Yes it is the busiest time for the airline but it was also guaranteed to arouse the greatest negative reaction from the public. Surely inconveniencing the high value business traveller outside of holiday season when most business travel is required would have generated a lesser negative reaction and perhaps sympathy? Along the lines of 'we will not strike over school holidays because of the effect on Joe Public but we will strike at other times to hit the heads of industry'.