PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 15th Dec 2009, 10:16
h&s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have voted yes, and are now beginning to realise what this Union is about, then feel free to cut and paste the following resignation letter that I have sent. Can't find an email address for Mr McCluskey - any help??

Quote:
Mr Len McCluskey
Unite
35 King Street
Covent Garden
London
WC2E 8JG

Dear Mr McCluskey,

Please accept my resignation from the union Unite. I am resigning due to the deplorable actions and stance that this Union has taken over the past 9 months.

Despite there being the biggest world recession on since World War II, the union have dismissed the need to make savings for BA. BA have been reasonable in every manner. They have not made compulsory redundancies, they have not imposed pay cuts, and they have not forcibly reduced our working hours. But still Unite refuses to co-operate and meet them in the middle.

The ballot paper was completely unnecessary. You had the opportunity to negotiate a decent monthly payment which would have secured our position against New Fleet. You didn’t do that. You had the opportunity to ask all the members what they wanted, but you didn’t do that either. You have, in 9 months, achieved absolutely nothing for us but instead you have now enormous worry and anxiety to the lives of millions of customers and thousands of employees.

Now, on top of the anxiety, you are putting us to immense public shame. You claim that we are the best cabin crew in the world. We are not. Try Singapore, Cathay, Emirates to name but a few. You claim that you are concerned about the passenger service. Well, they’re not passengers, they’re customers. And where is your fickle concern when families will be apart this Christmas due to your selfish actions?

I love my job, I love working for BA but I abhor the Union and the negative, militant, selfish attitude that it inflicts on our community.

I hope that you feel proud of the shame that you have brought on our once great community, along with the financial damage that you are now causing to our once great airline.

Unions are supposed to save jobs; what will you say to the 50,000 BA employees worldwide when you and your despicable actions are the cause of this company going bankrupt?

Yours sincerely,
On behalf of customers, & BA lovers, thank you!

Otherwise, I am sure easyJet or Ryanair are so grateful to M.McCluskey. His last statement is totally ridiculous and arguments very poor. If I compare it and WW statement, for sure I am giving a bigger credit to WW.