PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 15th Dec 2009, 09:04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
30-40% wage reduction

If some high earners had 30-40% a wage reduction i think they wouldn't be happy and im not saying any particular occupation. We as cabin crew are fighting to save our terms and conditions and that is fact and nothing more can be said until the Wee man understands.
To Watersidewonker and Flying Chick.

It is the case that NO cabin Crew terms and conditions have changed. No Cabin Crew member is required to attend work more often. No cabin Crew have received one penny of paycuts.

Those are FACTS.

All that has happened is that, on long haul for example, the work previously done by 15 people, is now done by 14. This reduction is largely mitigated by the fact that the Cabin Service Director is now part of the cabin service routine, when they had not previously been. (Incidentally, he or she will typically earn circa £50-£60k if full time)

I presume everyone accepts BA are losing money and must make savings??

My question is, what do you imagine would be a better outcome than what you already have??

Would you really prefer to have the same deal as 'the pilots'?? Which for the avoidance of doubt is 2.61% permanently off basic salary, and 20% reduction in allowances? (For me that represents £4k per year!) All for the carrot of a 'share scheme' which has not a cat in hell's chance of paying out!

Or do you have some other ideas (that would need their value to be independently verified!)

Or do you just want Willy out (to be replaced perhaps by an O'Leary clone?)

Or do you just want to be left alone whilst your colleagues reduce their T&Cs to protect yours?

It is after all pretty stupid to fight a war unless you know what victory will look like??

I suggest you need to do some 'grown up' thinking, rather than the 'spoon fed' variety you seem to have swallowed. Because when you and your families are bearing the result of your INDIVIDUAL decisions (which is inevitable) the Unite officials will STILL be travelling the World in First Class!

I'm serious. Engage your brains!