PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Pilots Offered Work as Cabin Crew in January
Old 15th Dec 2009, 06:50
FL370 Officeboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To correct your incorrect judgement. The demoted captains are going onto FO's payscale for the same year of service. i.e. 5 year Captain gets demoted and goes onto year 5 FO payscale. So you are wrong.
Erm...not quite. Have a re-read:

So, BALPA have made sure that the captains stay as captains but will ALL be RHS trained. Hence, the company will now be paying around 117 people to fly as FOs on captain pay.
I was referring to guys who are staying as captains but being RHS trained. So you are telling me they will be being paid FO pay when they are operating RHS? I don't think so somehow. The fact they are training the capts in the RHS would suggest they don't expect to have enough FOs?? Yet they are happy to bin off 137 guys, the huge majority of which will be FOs whilst captains are flying around in the RHS on captain pay. Hmm, great way of cost saving eh? No wonder the figure went UP! More FOs needed to be made redundant to offset the increased 'cost' of operating the RHS with a captain. Brilliant!

I didn't mention the demoted guys' pay anywhere I don't think. Let's not cherry pick and twist each others words eh?

So you are wrong.
No..you just chose to not read my post and immediately sprang to the defence of BALPA regardless of what I'd actually written.