PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 14th Dec 2009, 23:31
hamsco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ba Crew Please Dont Strike!

I cannot believe that BA cabin crew are voting for a 12 day strike at the busiest travel period of the whole year.

BA cabin crew are of the most dedicated and professional of all cabin crew I know. I have travelled four times UK - USA this year twice in BA club and twice in economy. Each flight has shown me the dedication these people show to their roles.

This is why I cannot believe they would vote to strike for TWELVE DAYS over the major peak trade for any airline. What is behind this.

Come on BA crew, live in the real world. I work in travel too and was told in September last year of a Global pay freeze in my company. We all accepted this. BA will go under if this goes ahead. I suspect a hard handed Union. If so they have got it wrong. We all need to make sacrifices to survive in travel at the moment. If its not these cuts it will be no fee alcohol or no meals. Do you really want to work for a Ryanair ?

Come on Unite, please work with the trade and the public on this, everyone wants BA to survive as a strong global airline but if this strike happens you will become a third rate fourth choice airline. See the big picure, please !!