PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing vs. Airbus- Question for Cabin Crew-Doors
Old 14th Dec 2009, 22:26
ccsafetymad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Airbus/Boeing Doors

Hi, I used to work on 737,757,767 now work on a320,321. As in response to doors..
The 737- Argh These are the worst doors possible. They are good that you can actually see the girt bar armed. But the orange strap we used to put over the window to warn people in and out that it was armed, was not really a good idea as it covers the window which your supposed to look out of!!
It has no power assist but really isnt needed on this maybe only on front left as this 1 is bigger and heavier. i used to find the front right service door the most awkward but they are out-dated its not very nice having to bend down on your knees. But they are even on the NG Boeings lol.. dunno who thought of them doors being next generation. Also did any one else have problems with the so called wide angle viewer (window) which is not wide angled lol, steaming up??

The 757 door was my favourite, the cheese slice (emergency only placard) but it is very heavy to operate in manual mode. i used to struggle big time..

The 767 door is a joke, its a nightmare. and you still had to get down to check the yellow lock down indicators on the floor, and i was also told that once you opened it in armed mode you cant close it again. i was told that if 3/4 men were pulling on it, it wont close as it was counterbalanced for the weight with the slide, and apparently it was heavy?? i was thomsonfly trained on these..

Now A320/21 They are good design easy to operate. But the re-assuring thud i used to get from boeings just gives you that little bit extra confidence that it is shut. Plus are dangerous if the aircraft is pressurized when you land. As they will blow out!! I used to like boeing knowing that they cant be opened when the aircraft is pressurized..
They are easy to arm. dont see the point of the white armed light becasue once you pull the handle it cant be closed and will fly open. unless on 321 doors 2 and 3, but i didnt like having to wait for the slide because the slide inflates but door still will creep open slower than the slide i found..

These embraer doors sound mad. i cant understand all these levers and why they all move in different directions but ive only been on a 195 with flybe once and went no where near the doors.. lol.

So you need a lightweight door easy to operate in manual and automatic mode with a huge window and an easy arming mode. And if you go near it when armed will have a sign hit you telling it its armed lol.. Is that asking too much????