PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 14th Dec 2009, 21:01
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vortex,

I think you are being a little harsh on the company as a whole.

Don't forget that ALL and I mean ALL other departments within the company from the baggage handlers, tug drivers, loaders, Turn round managers, checking staff, ground staff, flight crew etc. etc. etc. understood, recognised and accepted the need for change way back in the summer.

We, who are within those groups as stated above, are astounded at the arrogant attitude of the BASSA/Unite Union. They have failed at negotiation and now they are resorting to outright intimidation.

I sincerely hope that all of the flights I am due to operate over the coming strike period will operate. I also sincerely hope that WW legally blows this decrepit monster of a controlling Union out of the 21st century and back to the dark ages it belongs.

Enough is enough. The rest of BA staff are fed up with this controlling dinosaur meddling in the way the company is run. BA is not there for the amusement of the Cabin Crew and the minority who are the BASSA militants should realise they are playing with far more than the lives and careers of the CC but those of the whole company.

I now have the champagne on ice for the moment when BA gets the ballot declared illegal, possibly due to ballot papers being sent out to those taking VR who have a 'no jeopardy' vote, and bankrupt Unite. The UK will be better off without them both, BASSA and Unite.

To all passengers and potential passengers I can only hope that BA will be able to run a full service or at least a large partial service. I will be working and, as stated before, am quite happy to man a door and do a service in my Pilot uniform as I think BASSA are holding not only you, me and my colleagues to ransom but also the majority of their less militant members. They may have voted for strike but I think the 'nuclear' option came as a shock to many of them as well.