PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 14th Dec 2009, 18:13
AtlasDrawer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello

Hello everyone, this is my first post on here and thought I just have to post as I am worried sick about where this dispute is going.

Firstly, I voted No but have not felt able to tell people on line as I am worried about my name getting reported to the Bassa office ( or worse). I also take the view that the majority of crew are confused about what this dispute is about. Most think it is about 'New fleet' when it is actually about the imposition.

I am not sure where to go from here? Resign from the union? Maybe I should join HiFlyer's committee?!

All I know is that I will report for work on the 22nd , but and this is a big BUT - will people make my life hell on line when the dispute is over? Will I have to cross a picket line? (I would really rather not do this?)If I remember correctly, the BAA might have some kind of plan when it comes to stuff like this as I can't see them letting a picket take place in Terminal 5?

Also thought I might let you all know, as it does not seem to be on here : The BASSA rep elections were held about a month ago and the results are out and you can see them on the BASSA website to see who represents you on your fleet. It seems like the 'show of hands' at the last meeting to delay the elections were ignored. Maybe they (Bassa) were not allowed to delay the elections? Just a thought.

Sorry for my rambling post but thought I would just let you know we (BA CC) are not all militants and I am very very angry with the union for putting us in this position.

Thanks for reading

AD