PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 14th Dec 2009, 16:55
Surrey Towers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
9 to 1 eh!

For what? Christmas at home! You don't think this is going to make a difference to your job do you? You'll likely be out of one shortly and what will Unite do? Damn all is the answer.

BASSA were determined to see you take action and I suspect they don't even know what they were doing it for. Luddites is what they are and where has that ever got the workers, ask the old mill workers and they will tell you. You will suffer for sure and it breaks my heart to see it but you are also going to break the hearts of mum's, dad's and their children AND loads of grandparents too. Worse! You are probably going to sacrifice your jobs. That is what Luddites did up north. Now they are doing it down here. The backlash is going to be severe and anyone who thinks differently might as well start believing in Santa again. The silly grin on face of the blonde at Sandown is, unfortunately, done for the cameras, it will do nothing for public feelings. You are in fact stabbing each other in the back.

I see that someone is worried that there is no defence of the action. Well, well what do you expect? A pat on the back that says how clever you all were for taking part in this ridiculously suicidal action? No way. The fact is, I'm afraid, you have bitten the hand that feeds you and you have been 'trained' to do this by BASSA, the Luddites who don't give a damn about you. They are merely trying to be good union men like Scargill, Red Robbo, Jack Dash and Jack Jones - getting you to submit to their old fashioned ideas and ideals that were set in the 1920's and, which have NO place in 2009. Its a union's job these days to keep employers contented but someone in there lost the plot.

Look around you. Who accepted some tightening of their belts while you where cow towing to BASSA while they were perfectly happy to risk your jobs. How is that good for you?

Take a look at the postmen. Have you taken a look lately? You should, because they will be thinned down dramatically when the entrepreneurs get to grips with taking the postal services out of their hands - and they will.

What about BA, the hand that feeds you? What will you say when they have to cut your jobs and many of your colleagues. You should have taken note of the FD crews and engineers not - BASSA.

There is still time to tell BASSA you don't want to strike after all and keep on working. 9 days is probably not long enough but there ya go, you've done it now and I cannot see how you can come out smelling of anything but the crap that BASSA have thrown at you.

Bear one thing in mind. Lemmings, as far as we know, still don't know why they throw themselves off cliffs! BASSA are pushing you over it though.