PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 14th Dec 2009, 16:24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From post 4889:
Cabin Crew will be distributed to the most profitable routes.
Those choosing to go on strike will I'm sure know, that BA traditionally made 90% of it's profits from just 7 routes. I think it can be taken for granted that BA will be able to crew rather more than just those basic 7 routes.

The rather surprising thing is that, as yet, no advice has been given to members of Unite regarding what will happen when BA get tough. This is going to get very, very nasty!

A very rude awakening is coming to anyone voting yes, without the resolve to "walk the walk"!

Incidentally, the term 'Pattern Sickness', and the fact that it is gross misconduct were designed for exactly this kind of situation!

PS: 12 days of Unite's 'strike pay' is £360. After tax, I imagine that's £270. Not much to replace virtually half a month's pay??

Just going sick for BKK-SYD or SIN-SYD, NRT, or HKG is going to cost any individual many hundreds of pounds!

If I were BA cabin crew, I'd be wondering how many of my colleagues will defy the union on the 22nd? There are likely to be quite sufficient for BA to mount a credible operation, despite "The Grinch who stole Xmas"!

I would suggest the more there are, the more tenuous the chances of strikers maintaining any kind of employment with BA!

Last edited by 4468; 14th Dec 2009 at 16:42.