PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 14th Dec 2009, 16:08
Electricflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cannot abide those who previously refer to BA passengers as customers and then lo and behold suddenly, with the spectre of IA looming over the festive period, start referring to them as families and young children and start laying it on thick about how mummy and daddy are going to break it to them that they won't be seeing Aunt Flo in Australia over Christmas because of some nasty , vindictive crew members hell bent on their own self preservation etc etc.

Your emotive language comes straight out of the BA(mis) management handbook on Pravda and political spin in the Willie Walsh era.

What you idiots fail to understand is that BA is not a charity run by the voluntary benevolence of the cabin crew. They owe nothing to any member of the public who flies with BA. Amazing eh, but an airline is a business.

A business that should be managed by decent, honest and transparent people, particularly those at the top. I'm sick of hearing the media spin on how overpaid and mollycoddled cabin crew are and how they enjoy champagne lifestyles and exorbitant T's and C's that are so out of line with the rest of the industry.

Utter nonsense I'm sorry to say.

How about a CEO whose salary was £350,000 pa 4 years ago and has awarded himself increase after increase, bonus after bonus to all and sundry at board level; who now enjoys a monstrous £838,000 basic package. Go on , go figure...

Well, how does that tie in with a' Fight for Survival' ?

You want more? Mmm, let me think. How about paying nearly 40% more than he should have done for fuel during the last 18 months. And he only wants to pay his loyal cabin crew market rate. It's a joke.

Enough is enough. He may have ruined Aer Lingus but he is way, way out of his depth with a company like BA. The end is nigh , and the City will soon be telling him that if he doesn't remove these appalling, unilateral impositions on his front line staff.

The 92% ballot was a fine result and well done to all who voted for IA. IT'S ABOUT TIME. He has seriously underestimated the resolve of his cabin crew who have very little left to lose. Like a cornered tiger, they are ready to fight.