PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 14th Dec 2009, 13:24
flybymerchant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Henkybaby

Quote:me:
Presumably one of the first rules of the new union will be that none of the previous representatives will be allowed to stand for office?

Henkybaby: So the first thing your new union would do is do away with the basic principles of democracy?

Just kidding.
Fair enough! Maybe didn't think that through!.....although, do you agree that, even in the most democratic of utopian democracies, the right to elect and be elected should categorically be DENIED to certain groups of individuals, let's say......children, the criminally insane, the insanely criminal........ errrrrrr, this bunch of BASSA reps then?!?!

Would you let Hitler's government run for a second term?!

p.s. Thanks for your continued support of BA, I only hope that there aren't too many others who (understandably) are voting with their feet as we speak......The 'yes' vote matters not a jot, it is what unfolds from here on in that'll be interesting.....and I don't think there's ANY chance that they'll announce a Christmas strike, not in the face of so much negative public opinion, surely even BASSA wouldn't be THAT stupi....oh hold on a minute....

edit: DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by flybymerchant; 14th Dec 2009 at 13:26. Reason: ...eating own words!