PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 13th Dec 2009, 21:47
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiramisu

As you say if BA offered us the Travel Payment, that would give us some stability in our income provided BASSA don't throw it all away by striking.
Hi Tiramisu
The proposed travel payment would not be a good thing for you and I. It is based on an average of CSD/Psr earnings for Eurofleet REGARDLESS of what work you bid for and achieve. Both I and you (if Im right about who you are) generally bid for trips and like to maximise the amount of time we are working in order to achieve a reasonable pay check. There are those who prefer an easy life and who bid for short there and backs and short days. Their pay would be the same as ours.
The DME does not look very appealing when you could do a quick NCE for the same money does it? We have had a shocking year variable pay wise and if you add up what you've earned this year it will probably not be very different to the travel payment. Imagine how much you would have earned if we had been working normally.

There are further implications for the efficiency of Carmen. Based on the premise that everyone's preferences are different, it assumes that some will bid for longer days because of the money. Without that incentive the 65% satisfaction is a pipedream. If you still have old variable pay statements, do some sums and let me know what you think?