PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 13th Dec 2009, 21:42
henkybaby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So once again the Union have acted arbitrarily and made a decision not to attend Industrial Forums (not that they were any use when they did attend) WITHOUT CONSULTING THE MEMBERSHIP.
I am not pro union, but this is not the way it works. You do not consult your members on every decision. If their members had decided that they did not appreciate this attitude by the BASSA management they could have voted no.

By now I am inclined to feel it is best to let it all run its course. I feel sorry for the passengers who will be victimized beyond any reason by this strike. I am sorry for a lot of the cabin crew who honestly think they are fighting a just cause. I am sorry for the CC who want to work and who's reputation should have remained unblemished. I am sorry that BA will suffer another blow to its reputation.

Even if nothing happens this conflict has already damaged the good reputation of the BA CC. The battle for public opinion is clearly won by WW. That is a shame, since BA CC are normally one of the best in the sky...

I wish all parties a lot of wisdom...