PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 13th Dec 2009, 21:18
winstonsmith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was planned to be the same at LGW but they decided to leave things as they were, as it seems to work well with the purser in Club. But I don't understand why would it have been chaos if it had been done the other way round?

However, what SlideBustle has said regarding the number of First trained crew would seem to make sense.

Yes, the CM does work in Club, although, I find I rarely need them, apart from assisting with the meal orders and running the hots. It leaves them free to get the IFE on the go, speak to the premium passengers and sort out any issues/paperwork. Saying that, I do only work on the 777, so I can't comment on how it would work on the 747.
Thanks for sorting that out!

What I meant with a chaos was - if BA had removed our Purser from First and replaced it with a main crew member and left the Purser in Club as it used to be - for the time being it would have been fine. Crew would have been fine with it.

If - BA wants to remove the 2nd Purser - for some crew at LHR it would be a dramatic change to lose the Purser in Club leaving a main crew member to run the galley - as it exactly is happening now. Personally - I think BA is getting main crew members used to running the galley and get acclimatized with working without a Purser before they do any further changes - remember this is LHR where crew don't like any changes at all!