PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 13th Dec 2009, 16:22
Flap33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA will let BASSA self-destruct

Assuming the ballot result is in favour of strike action BASSA have stated that dates for IA will be announced at the meeting tomorrow.

If BA's legal team have found these "problems" with the ballot process then BASSA are risking hollding an illeagal strike. BASSA would then be liable for damages (ie operational losses, estimated at £50M or 2 day strike) if BA pursued them in court. UNITE will be aware of this and will either dis-own BASSA or as per 2007 tell BASSA to wind their necks in.

If I was WW, I'd let them strike, sack the first tranch of strikers and watch the remaioning crew crawl back to work, tails between legs. I'd have them sign New Fleet contracts as well before allowing them back.

There is no way BASSA can win this battle, they have behaved disgracefully since early this year. If I were a member of BASSA I would be furious, as a union they are a "one-trick pony" and that has worked well in the past, but this year WW means business. No matter how many toys BASSA throw out of the pram, WW will not flinch - he has the support of the board, shareholders and the City.