PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 13th Dec 2009, 08:57
henkybaby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sounds ridiculously low to me (but then again, I am Dutch)... How can the maximum be GBP 12K and 66K at the same time? Didn't you forget to multiply by 4 or something?

EDIT: Whoa... It is correct. That does not offer much protection against unlawful dismissal at all. Remind me never to accept a job in the UK.

EDIT 2: However

Before making 20 or more employees redundant, employers have to consult at the earliest opportunity with any independent trade union which is recognised for collective bargaining or, where no union is recognised, with elected representatives.

Appropriate information must be provided to the union and the employer has to consult with a view to reaching an agreement. If the employer fails to do so, the union can apply for a “protective award”. This is anything up to 90 days pay, according to the circumstances, for each employee affected.

The time limit for these claims is normally 3 months from the date the dismissals take effect.