PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 12th Dec 2009, 18:24
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If they have not complied with the requirements of the law and make a call for strike action based on a flawed ballot, Unite would be liable for our damages and their members would not be protected.
So, after all the "they can't legally sack us" by Fume Lurker CFC etal. it would appear that BA are hinting very heavily that if BASSA haven't got it absolutely word perfect, they will.

So have BASSA pointed out to the membership exactly what flaw BA were claiming? No. Have BASSA given any assurances that there is no flaw? No.

Be very, very careful out there. I truly fear for my fellow colleagues who are being blindly led by this Union. We have all, cabin crew, pilots, and even customers pointed out numerous mistakes that this Union have made. They are very likely to have made others, and you are literally putting your life in their hands if you strike.

And Fume, living in a democracy people can vote no if they disapprove of the Union's position, and come into work even if the Union calls a strike.

So Top Bunk, having read your WW quote I would like to add a 5th option:

5. BASSA strike and BA let them, and then sack the strikers due to an illegality in the ballot.

Best of luck Strikers. You are so gonna need it.

The above represents my own personal viewpoint, and not that of BA.