PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 12th Dec 2009, 15:01
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

New post on one of the other forums is that bassa should make all no voters aware if they break a strike we should resign from the union or will BE THROWN OUT!!

Surely a Union should be able to exist listening to ALL views of members and exists for all it's members, not members having to exist for the senior union peeps. It's a democracy and if I want to be a member of a union, yet I don't want to strike, then surely I should be able to. If there was another Union for cabin crew at BA then I would leave BASSA then join the other one, as I wouldn't really want to be non-unionised - I don't like the way they deal with these disputes, but I wouldn't leave as I don't want to be non-protected for everyday issues for example.#

SOME Bassa militants posts are nothing short of intimidation. I don't want to mention names but if crew want to vote NO and come to work on a strike, then we should be able to without fear of intimidation. The only thing I fear is if people do know who came to work we will be interrogated after the strike onboard!